Dr Lindsay McMillan OAM
Dr Lindsay McMillan OAM is a leading Australian academic, thought leader and social commentator in the field of human resources and the complexities of the modern workplace.
As the Managing Director of Reventure Limited, Dr McMillan is charged with undertaking research, raising public debate, and helping to renew workplaces for the future.
He is a regular researcher, author and presenter in Australia and internationally.
For several decades, he has led social enterprises and an international human resources company, as well as serving in non-executive director and chair roles with boards. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
It is this practical experience in a range of leadership roles that drives Dr McMillan to work with CEOs and their workplaces to strive for greater job satisfaction, true meaning and purpose, and optimal performance.
Dr McMillan holds a Doctor of Health Services (Psychology), a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Health Administration.
He is a recipient of an OAM for services to Australians with disabilities through a range of health organisations and employee assistance programs. He is a Churchill Fellow and a recipient of a Rotary International Foundation Fellowship.
Publications & Presentations
- Bardoel, E.A., Pettit, T., De Cieri., McMillan, L. Employee resilience: an emerging challenge for HRM. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources.2014
- McMillan, L., & Moore, K.A. Living with Multiple Sclerosis; A Psychosocial Model of Adjustment. Behavioral Medicine. 2007
- The Economic Impact of MS, Berlin MSIF Conference.2003
- McMillan, L., & Moore, K.A. The development and validation of the Impact of Multiple Sclerosis Scale and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis Scale, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2006
- McMillan, L., & Moore, K.A. The Development of the Impact of Multiple Sclerosis Scale. 3rd Annual Conference of APS Psychology of Relationships Interest Group, Melbourne, 15-16 Nov 2003.
- McMillan, L., & Moore, K.A. The Impact of Multiple Sclerosis and its measurement. International Consortium of MS Centres, Toronto, June 2004.
- McMillan, L. (Contributing Author). Knowing the Ropes. The Essential Guide to Business Issues for Non-Profit Organisations. 1998